Classic Macaroni Salad.
You can have Classic Macaroni Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Macaroni Salad
- You need 1 pound of short pasta or shell.
- Prepare 3 of hard boiled eggs diced.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs minced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper seeded and minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sweet pickles chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 1 tablespoon pickle juice.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of mustard.
- You need of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of Chopped parsley if desired.
Classic Macaroni Salad instructions
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions, Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cooled. Shake the colander to toss the pasta, and drain for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally..
- Transfer the drained pasta to a large bowl and add the eggs, celery, red bell pepper, red onion and sweet pickles. Mix the mayonnaise, pickle juice, sugar, and mustard in a small bowl and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper..
- Add to the macaroni mix and toss until evenly coated. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to add a little color if desired..