Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy. Remove the cooled cornbread from the pan, and crumble it into a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, melted butter, and salt and pepper. On another burner, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Chicken and cornbread dressing in a casserole form and served with homemade gravy is pure comfort food anytime of the year. It's a perfect dish to carry to a potluck or church social too! Crumble up entire cornbread into large pan. You can have Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy
- You need of gravy.
- You need 2 lb of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 cup of sr flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 31 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare of stuffing.
- Prepare 2 lb of cornbread stuffing.
- You need 42 oz of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tbsp of celery salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of rubbed sage.
- You need 3 cup of water.
In a large bowl mix the cornbread and biscuit crumbs, add onion, celery, salt, pepper, sage, and mix well with a spoon. Melt butter and pour over mixture. Add broth and soup and continue mixing. Crumble the cornbread and white bread into a very large baking dish or pan (This is the pan you will cook your dressing in, and you need room to stir it while it's cooking).
Cornbread dressing with chicken gravy instructions
- Chop the chicken preheat oven 425°Fahrenheit.
- Add oil to a deep pan add chicken stir well cover cook till done.
- Add flour to chicken add spices let flour get incorporated well add more oil if needed.
- Add broth and water stirring constantly it will thin as it heats it will thicken add water if needed taste adjust spices to you wants.
- In a pan 9×13 add half the dressing on top of that add spices across the top of dry stuffing covering the whole thing then add the other half of stuffing.
- Pour your broth all around on top of the stuffing have water ready mix the stuffing well add water as you mix making sure all stuffing is wet put in oven 30 minutes.
- After that I put mine in broiler to brown.
- Serve with chicken gravy on top.
In a large skillet, sauté the celery, onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until onion is transparent. It tasted very much like my grandmother's chicken and cornbread dressing. I served with a side of chicken gravy. Add the crumbled cornbread, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper; toss. Whisk together the cream soup – yes, cream soup.