Brenda's Cornbread Dressing. Then go in with your hands to squish any chunks of cornbread or sandwich bread. In a big pot combine broth, green onions, celery, sage, salt and pepper (to taste). In a mixing bowl add the white Lilly self rising/ Buttermilk cornbread mix, buttermilk and lightly beaten eggs, then stir together to incorporate.
It's also an heirloom recipe that was most likely served at Thanksgiving dinners. Nothing goes better with a juicy turkey and creamy gravy than some moist, soulful cornbread dressing. In a large bowl, combine cornbread, broth and butter. You can have Brenda's Cornbread Dressing using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Cornbread Dressing
- It’s 6 boxes of Jiffy cornbread.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need .5 ounces of sage.
- It’s 1 of whole celery bunch.
- It’s 1 of whole green onion bunch.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need 3 (48 ounce) of Swanson chicken broths.
- You need 18 of eggs.
Add onion mixture to cornbread mixture along with seasonings; mix well. See more ideas about gantt, recipes, southern recipes. Here is how you cook that. English (US) Español; Français (France) 中文(简体) Slice the cornbread into small cubes and crumble slightly.
Brenda's Cornbread Dressing step by step
- Combine cornbread, 6 eggs, and milk in turkey roaster size pan. Bake at 350 degrees until done..
- In a big pot combine broth, green onions, celery, sage, salt and pepper (to taste). Boil until tender..
- Boil 12 eggs, peel, and set aside..
- Let cornbread cool, break up, and stir in broth mixture. Slice eggs and add them. Stir thoroughly, and salt and pepper to taste. Return to oven and cook until firm..
- Serve with jellied cranberry sauce..
- Feeds approx. 30-50 people..
In a very large bowl or a roasting pan, combine the cornbread, wheat bread, onion, celery, dried cherries, and golden raisins. Place in a large bowl with cornbread, crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning. Combine egg substitute and broth; add to cornbread mixture, stirring gently to mix. Just before baking, stuff the body cavity and inside the neck with dressing. This is left to soak over night in …usually one large pan and maybe one or two other smaller pans (these.