Andra style Bhindi and cashew fry. In a pan dry roast the grated coconut and the chilli powder. Keep it aside Now add about a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds,red chilli and curry leaves and let the mustard seeds splutter Now add the fried okra,roasted cashews and the dry roasted coconut and give it a good stir Add salt as per taste Bendakaya Fry Recipe or Andhra Bendakaya Vepudu is one of the simple recipes from South Indian menu. With fewer spices, this recipe becomes perfect for bachelors..
Bhindi with Cashews & Coconut Sabzi Recipe is a nice way to cook bhindi as a side dish. This sabzi recipe is apt when you have guests at home, since it's easy and impressive side dish. This recipe of Bhindi with cashews and coconut sabzi goes well with rasam. You can have Andra style Bhindi and cashew fry using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Andra style Bhindi and cashew fry
- Prepare 500 grams of Bhindi okra /.
- You need 150 grams of cashew nuts Roasted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of mustard seed.
- You need 4 of red chilli dried.
- You need of curry leaves.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of salt.
Here are a few more variation that can be created with Bhindi. A few days ago, I made an Okra fry to go with rotis. Its a slightly different version of the okra fry recipe I blogged earlier. I tend to go back to this Andhra style okra fry recipe often because of its simplicity and tantalizing flavors.
Andra style Bhindi and cashew fry step by step
- Cut the okra into small pieces and deep fry it in oil.Drain the oil and keep it aside.
- In a pan dry roast the grated coconut and the chilli powder..Keep it aside.
- Now add about a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds,red chilli and curry leaves and let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Now add the fried okra,roasted cashews and the dry roasted coconut and give it a good stir.
- Add salt as per taste.
The tempering ingredients along with the roasting of the okra yield an incredible flavor. Andhra style bendakaya/okra/bhindi is stir fried by adding curry leaves here which gives a good taste to the whole dish. There are few points to be noted while making bhindi fry such as they should be washed well before cutting and then need to be wiped dry without any moist content on the outer part of the bhindi. Bendakaya Fry recipe is a simple and quick veg stir fry recipe made with okra/bhindi and this particular bendakaya vepudu is done in south indian style. http. Bendakaya fry Or Bendakaya vepudu translates to okra fry. there are different versions of making this Andhra style okra fry.