Bhindi masala. Bhindi masala is a healthy dish made of okra, spices, onions & tomatoes. This semi dry curry made with ladies finger or okra goes very well with rice or roti. Bhindi masala is mildly spicy, hot & full of flavors that comes from the pan fried bhindi and garam masala.
Okra or bhindi as it's called in Hindi is a very popular vegetable in India. Bhindi Masala is a semi-dry curry made using okra, onion, tomatoes, and spices. The recipe is simple, easy to follow, and is made using basic pantry staples. You can cook Bhindi masala using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bhindi masala
- You need 250 gm of bhindi / okra / lady finger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Peanut paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Amchur powder / dry mango powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon each of Coriander powder and jeera rosted powder (roasted umin powder).
- Prepare 3 piece of Dry chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of Jeera for foron / cumin.
- You need A pinh of Hing / asafoetida.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1 and 1/2 tsp of White oil.
Bhindi has many health benefits and including it your everyday diet is a great idea. "Bhindi" is the Hindi word for okra and "Masala" here refers to a sautéed base of aromatics like onions, garlic, ginger with the usual tomatoes, spices and herbs. So there you get the meaning of Bhindi Masala – okra cooked in a spiced tangy base of onions, tomatoes and ground spices. bhindi masala Ladies finger or orka (bhindi) is a staple in Indian cuisine and a much loved vegetable in our home. I am maintaining an organic garden which is giving me good harvest of okra, eggplants, tomatoes, chilis, ridge gourd, ivy gourd, greens and more. Heat the olive oil and cumin seeds together in a large skillet over medium heat until the cumin seeds swell and turn golden brown.
Bhindi masala step by step
- At first the ladyfingers wash very well..
- Then cut it then take a pan pour one table spoon white oil poured the bhindis after the oil heated,fry this very well till turn into brown colour with salt and turmeric powder,then keep the fried ladifinger another plate,In the same pan or take anonother pan poured one table spoon white oil heat it now add in dry chilli,jeera and hing then the peanut paste,kashmiri chilli powder,turmeric powder salt,coriander and jeera powder,amchur powder then cook it,.
- Then the fried bhindi add this masala,take a little bit of water,it will be dry curry,then cook it 6 minutes,now ready for eat very simple recipe u can try it,tasty bhindi.
Stir the okra into the mixture; season with the curry powder and salt. This is one of the most widely followed Indian bhindi curry preparations. This easy Punjabi style bhindi masala recipe has dry texture and requires shallow frying bhindi followed by mixing with spicy dry masala of onion and common curry spices. Look at the tips and variations given below to customize it your preference. Bhindi masala is a North Indian style of preparing okra.