Bhindi Masala. Bhindi masala is a healthy dish made of okra, spices, onions & tomatoes. This semi dry curry made with ladies finger or okra goes very well with rice or roti. Bhindi masala is mildly spicy, hot & full of flavors that comes from the pan fried bhindi and garam masala. "Bhindi" is the Hindi word for okra and "Masala" here refers to a sautéed base of aromatics like onions, garlic, ginger with the usual tomatoes, spices and herbs.
This recipe is from the book Khazana of Indian Recipes. Main Ingredients : Ladyfingers, Oil (ऑइल) Bhindi Masala is a semi-dry curry made using okra, onion, tomatoes, and spices. The recipe is simple, easy to follow, and is made using basic pantry staples. You can have Bhindi Masala using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bhindi Masala
- It’s 200 gms of okra (bhindi).
- Prepare 2 of medium sized tomatoes (chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s as required of Oil for frying.
Bhindi has many health benefits and including it your everyday diet is a great idea. Bhindi Masala is a popular Indian dish made with okra, onion, tomatoes & spices! This stir fry is best enjoyed with warm rotis. Okra or bhindi as it's called in Hindi is a very popular vegetable in India.
Bhindi Masala instructions
- Wash and Pat dry the bhindi. Cut them into daimond shape..
- Deep fry them on medium flame..
- Remove the fried bhindi on a tissue paper..
- In a pan add oil, heat it. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well. Make sure the spices don't burn..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook..
- Once the tomatoes are soft add roasted cumin seeds powder, garam masala and salt..
- Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes..
- Add the fried bhindi in the tomatoes mixture..
- Serve with parathas or naan..
Bhindi masala is a very popular vegan and gluten-free Indian okra recipe made by cooking okra with tomatoes, onions, and a few basic spices. Bhindi masala is a very popular and delicious vegan Indian recipe made with okra, tomatoes, onions, and a few basic spices. Like most of the Indians, Okra is one of my favorite vegetables. Bhindi Masala – This is a very simple recipe made with bhendi – vendakkai. This okra gravy is a semi-dry preparation and tastes well for roti / chapati.