Achari bhindi okra. Achari Bhindi is a tangy and spicy okra curry which pairs perfectly with any Indian bread or rice. It has a special achari masala or pickle masala added to it which gives it a very unique flavor. Here is how to make it.
Achari bhindi- Stir fried okra made with tomato and pickle spices. Achari Bhindi /okra is a favorite vegetable of most of us,it is a versatile vegetable which can be made in several ways. I usually made stir fries and stuffed bhindi. You can cook Achari bhindi okra using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Achari bhindi okra
- Prepare 350 gram of Okra/ ladyfinger/ bindi.
- You need 1 cup of roasted gram flour.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Cumin Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 4 tablespoon of achar (pickle)masala.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of oil.
The favorite okra/bhindi recipes of my family are kurkuri Bhindi, Add Okra/Bhindi to it and saute on high heat till the stickiness goes away and the okra becomes lightly brown. Fresh Okra will take less time, Frozen one takes longer to get rid of slimy stickiness. Once the okra is brown, add ginger Garlic Paste and cook it. Cut off the top ends, wash and pat dry the okra.
Achari bhindi okra instructions
- Wash and dry okra thoroughly and cut the tips of okra and make a slit in the middle. Grind the roasted grams to a fine powder and sieve..
- Add achar masala, salt, turmeric, cumin and coriander powder to the gram flour and mix well. Fill the okra with the mix. I had some left over so slit an onion and filled with the masala..
- On medium heat, add oil and cumin seeds in a wide bottom pan. Once it starts fluttering add the masala filled okra to the pan. Stir coating the okra with oil. Cover and cook for two minutes on low heat. Add in the chopped tomatoes and yoghurt and mix well. Cover and cook until the okra is tender. Remove from heat and transfer in a serving dish. Serve with roti,naan, paratha, rice, puri etc.
- If you do not have roasted split grams and are using gram flour roast it in a pan using 1 teaspoon oil..
Since I used baby okra, I left it whole. Heat mustard oil in a pan, crackle the mustard seeds and then add fenugreek, cumin, fennel and nigella seeds. Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Achari Bhindi Masala (Okra dry Vegetable curry) Bhindi (okra, ladies finger) is one of my favorite vegetables that is there in the market. I can eat it as fried fritter, in curry, as stir fry, stuffed bhindi.in any which way and I can't stop drooling over it.