Peanut okra. In a saucepan over medium low heat, add the peanut butter and heat till melted. then add the garlic, coriander and cayenne pepper and stir. The peanut butter will harden a bit to a paste consistency, Add the tomato sauce bit by bit and stir it into the paste till you have no lumps. Add the broth (or water and bouillon) and bring to the boil Add the okra, then stir in the peanut butter, a little at a time, until it melts into the broth.
Look for medium to large okra pods, which are easier to fill. Peanut Okra Stir fry recipe with step by step photos and short video. This simple okra stir fry is simple and tasty recipe with a crunch of roasted peanuts. You can cook Peanut okra using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut okra
- It’s 150 gm of okra.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coarsely roasted peanut.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin.
- It’s of salt as per taste.
- You need 1 pinch of turmeric.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 3 tsp of oil.
Moongphali Bhindi is a adapted recipe from Maharashtra cuisine. Every home has their own recipe to suite their taste. In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal and peanut.
Peanut okra instructions
- Cut the okra into small circular pieces. In a pan add oil. Heat it up..
- Now add asafoetida and cumin and turmeric.Add Coarsely roasted peanuts and mix it well. Now Add okra. Cover it with lid for 5minutes. Stir it..
- Now add rest of the spices and stir fry it. Now on a high flame stir fry okra for a minute..
Fry till the urad dhal turns light brown. Then add garlic flakes and fry for few seconds. In heavy bottom pan or kadai, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, and hing. As the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the curry leaves and chopped shallots.