Healthy Breakfast Cookies. Nutrient-Dense, Whole Food Ingredients In Every Product. Filled with nutrient-rich zucchini, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and oats, these breakfast cookies provide a healthy dose of veggies while tasting like dessert. Tip: Use agave or honey instead.
Gone is the flour, and in its place is a textural medley of peanut butter, oats, bananas, dried fruit and chopped nuts. Talk about a powerhouse of superfoods! HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIE RECIPES: Almond Joy (Chocolate & Coconut) Apple Cinnamon (Vegan Option) Oprah's Healthy Sugar Free Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies – he secret to these sugar free cookies is natural sugar from apples, bananas and raisins. You can cook Healthy Breakfast Cookies using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- You need of first, mix together..
- Prepare 1 cup of Organic Blue Agave Nectar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of Unsweetened Applesauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt, finely ground.
- It’s 4 of Eggs, large.
- You need 6 1/2 cup of Six-grain cereal (like old-fashioned Oats) uncooked.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of Flour, all-purpose or Whole Wheat.
- You need 2 cup of raisins, nuts or dark chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flaxseed meal, optional.
In addition to being free of refined sugar these wholesome breakfast cookies are low calorie, low fat, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan and most importantly they taste great. Breakfast Cookies deliver solid nutrition and yummy flavors in a hand-held, kid-friendly package! We've collected the best breakfast cookie recipes on the web so you can try something new and nourishing with your kids this week. I first discovered breakfast cookies when my oldest was a toddler, and I was looking for a nourishing whole food snack that was easy for us to take on the go.
Healthy Breakfast Cookies step by step
- Mix first nine ingredients together well.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, until mixed in well..
- Add in Six-grain cereal, 2 cups at a time and mix well..
- mix in flour and any optional ingredients and finish mixing.
- cover and refrigerate for 10 – 20 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Place Parchment onto a cookie sheet (or lightly spray with Olive oil).
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet, spaced apart by about 1/2 inch or so and lightly mashed down..
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes, until golden brown. Makes about 5 dozen cookies..
I love these cookies they're not very sweet and they're good for breakfast or snack. A HEALTHY BREAKFAST THAT KEEPS YOU FULLER FOR LONGER! One cookie is like having one of those quick oatmeal sachets topped with dried fruit. Rolled oats have a low GI so they keep your fuller for longer, the nuts provide protein and the dried fruit provides fibre and natural sweetness. I share plenty of substitution ideas below, too.