Apple Fritter Bread. Apple Fritter Bread is a Great Fall Baking Recipe (Or Anytime of the Year!) This recipe is from my friend Christie's new book, My Little Pony Baking Book! Don't let the name throw you off…this book is filled with classic and delicious dessert recipes, along with some magical rainbow colored treats as well! Apple Fritter Bread This bread has all the goodness of Apple Fritters but is a "quick bread" which means you can bake it instead of frying.
Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through. How to Make Apple Fritter Bread The apple cinnamon bread comes together quickly, easily, without a mixer or yeast, and with ingredients you likely have on hand. In one bowl, you'll need to stir together an apple-cinnamon mixture. You can have Apple Fritter Bread using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Fritter Bread
- You need of Brown Sugar Mix:.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need of Bread:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 3/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Apple Mixture:.
- Prepare 2 of apples, peeled & chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s of Old Fashioned Glaze:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of milk.
In another bowl, you'll mix together a cinnamon-brown sugar mixture. The delicious apple fritter flavor you love is now available in bread form! This Apple Fritter Bread recipe is perfect for a fall breakfast, lunch or even snack. Cinnamon, apples and brown sugar make this quick and easy bread absolutely irresistible.
Apple Fritter Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients in brown sugar mix together in a small bowl and set aside..
- Combine flour and baking powder in separate bowl and set aside..
- In mixer add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth..
- Add in flour mixture slowly until incorporated..
- Add in milk until mixture is smooth and creamy..
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl; set aside..
- Grease two bread dishes and split half of the dough mixture into each (1/4 of the dough to each)..
- Do the same with the apples. 🍎.
- Repeat step with brown sugar mixture..
- Repeat the steps with remaining ingredients; dough, apples and brown sugar mixture..
- Using a toothpick swirl sugar mixture on top of mixture..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes in pans and then remove to cooling racks to cool completely..
- Once loaves have been completely cooled, make the glaze by combining glaze ingredients in small bowl until well blended. NOTE: This is a thin glaze, very much like a donut..
- Drizzle along the tops of both loaves equally. Allow glaze to set before serving. This bread freezes wonderfully! Enjoy!.
Apple fritter bread is a simple quick bread stuffed with apples! This breakfast bread has an apple streusel inside and on top. Don't forget the powdered sugar glaze. It's one of our best apple recipes to make for the apple picking season! Apple fritters have such a great mix of apple flavor, cinnamon spice, and rich sweetness.