Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie. In medium/large bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Spoon the pecan layer over the pumpkin evenly. Pumpkin pie is delicious on its own but with praline pecan topping, it raises the bar to a whole new level!
Grandma was a fabulous cook and her dinners were always delicious. Grandma's Famous Pumpkin Pie is smooth, thick, and creamy! A MUST for the holidays and the best when served with a big scoop of whip cream on top! You can cook Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned pumpkin*.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of dark Karo corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans*.
- Prepare 1 of prepared (frozen) deep dish pie crust*.
My grandma would make the best pies ever! If you love pumpkin pie as much as we do try this Pumpkin Pie Sheet Cake, Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars,… I love pecan pie, and pumpkin pie, but didn't like this pie. I followed the recipe exactly as written. The top layer never completely set.
Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine ONE egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Spread in pie crust..
- In medium/large bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in dark corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Then stir in butter and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended..
- Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until set around edge and it doesn't move or appear liquidy..
- Store in refrigerator..
- * For only a thin layer of pumpkin, use half a cup of the canned pumpkin. Grandma prefers it this way. I made it with a whole cup and that was fine too..
- * If you buy the packaged pecans from the baking isle, they're already coarsely chopped..
- * Do not that the pie crust. Just preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on that to bake..
Even after refrigerating the cooked pie overnight, the top layer was extremely runny and liquidy. Also, the flavor combination didn't work for me. You completely lose the pumpkin pie flavor. We make with a gluten-free pie crust and it is a fan favorite. Whisk pumpkin and eggs in a medium bowl.