Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie. Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie A crumbly mix of brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans bake atop an ultra creamy pumpkin filling, bringing rich and delicious flavor to this Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Pie. Streusel Pumpkin Pie Basic pumpkin pie is good, but we think this dressed-up version is even better. Plenty of pecans add a nutty crunch to the pastry and the streusel topping.
Cut in butter with a fork or fingertips until crumbly. Sprinkle with water, tossing with a fork just until lightly moistened. This pumpkin pie is topped with a crunchy pecan streusel. You can cook Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
- Prepare of Crust.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, cold, diced into 1/2" cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of shortening, cold.
- It’s 2 of -4 Tbsp. ice water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 2 of large eggs & 1 egg yolk.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of – 15oz can pumpkin puree.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of half and half.
- It’s of Streusel.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold butter – cut in cubes.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped pecans.
Sweetened condensed milk and spices flavor the pumpkin filling. This recipe is a perfect dessert at fall or winter gatherings, or at any time of the year that you are craving pumpkin. Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie Recipe This pie has a graham cracker crust and a crunchy, sweet, nutty top, which offset the smooth custard and make for a great combination. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crust.
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Fir the crust : in a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, salt. Add cold butter & shortening. Using a fork cut butter into flour until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Drizzle ice water into mixture 1 Tbsp. At a time until it starts to come together. Do not overmix. Press the dough together. Wrap into plastic wrap. Shape into 4 -5" round. Chill 30 minutes..
- Dust work surface with flour. Roll into a 12" round. Carefully transfer dough into a 9" pie plate. Trim & flute. Preheat oven to 375º. Chill dough 10 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl. Mix sugar & cornstarch , cream cheese, spices using a mixer . Mix until smooth. Scrape down. Add eggs, br. Sugar , salt. Mix together. Blend in half & half & pumpkin & vanilla. Pour mixturw into pie crust. Bake 35 minutes..
- Meanwhile make the crumble. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, br. Sugar , cinnamon, salt. Mix together. Add cold butter use a fork to cut butter into mixture intil it resembles small crimbs. Stir in pecans.After 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle topping on top of pie..
- Reduce oven to 350º. Bake another 25-35 minutes. Until toothpick comes out clean cool completely. Then chill 1-2 hours. Keep refrigerated..
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, cream, sugars, cinnamon, salt, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Refrigerated pie crust makes it easy! Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. The pie was as light and smooth as can be and the streusel topping was delicious too. However next time I will half the amount of streusel as I find it to be a little too much for a pie (and it almost overcomes the nice flavor of the pumpkin filling).