Molasses-Pecan Pie. Remove from heat and cool mixture to room temperature. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, butter and salt; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (Mixture will be thick when cooled.) Refrigerate pie shell.
A piece of foil may be placed over the top during the last few minutes of baking to prevent crust edges from browning too quickly. Mix eggs, sugar, salt, corn syrup, molasses, butter and vanilla. Add pecans and pour into prepared pie shells. You can have Molasses-Pecan Pie using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Molasses-Pecan Pie
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn syrup light.
- You need 1/2 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsps of butter , melted.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of pecans , toasted.
- It’s 9 – inchs of pie crust unbaked.
Whisk the browned butter, eggs, brown sugar, molasses, bourbon and salt in a bowl. Scatter the toasted pecans in the prepared crust; pour in the brown sugar mixture. In a medium mixing bowl, add molasses, dark corn syrup, sugar, beaten eggs, bourbon, butter, vanilla, and kosher salt. Pour the molasses mixture over all the pecans in the pie shell.
Molasses-Pecan Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350ºF..
- Thoroughly combine the corn syrup, molasses, sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla, then stir in the pecans..
- Pour into the pie crust and bake 1 hour, or until done. The pie is done when the top is firm and springs back when lightly tapped. Cool before serving..
Store-bought pie crust is a timesaver and since the pie crust definitely isn't the star of the show in a pecan pie it's an easy cheat. Trim off any excess and crimp the edges. Blend brown sugar with butter, add corn syrup, eggs, and salt. Add pecans and turn into pie plate lined with pastry. Pecan pie is quintessentially American because the pecan nut is in fact native to North America.