Grandma's pumpkin pie. Grandma's Famous Pumpkin Pie is smooth, thick, and creamy! A MUST for the holidays and the best when served with a big scoop of whip cream on top! My grandma would make the best pies ever!
Beat eggs in large bowl; stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mix; gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shells; cover edges with narrow piece of foil avoiding contact with filling. Whisk pumpkin and eggs in a medium bowl. You can have Grandma's pumpkin pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's pumpkin pie
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 16 oz of canned pumpkin.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 12 oz of can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 of 9 inch unbaked pie crust.
Add milk, maple syrup, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; whisk to blend well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve with a healthy dollop of freshly whipped cream. Garnish with whipped cream just before serving.
Grandma's pumpkin pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine all ingredients in order..
- Add mixture to pie crust..
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes or until knife is inserted and comes out clean..
Mix the sugar, salt, spices and eggs together in a bowl. Blend in the pumpkin and evaporated milk. Brush bottom and side of crust with egg yolk to seal crust. Blend remaining whole egg, pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl. Pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving is pretty customary and a tradition in our family to say the least.