Pecan pie cookies. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often, and stir in the pecans until well combined. A gooey pecan pie brimming with buttery pecans is always a hit, but it's also quite a labor intensive dessert—what with the blending, chilling and rolling required to make pie crust. That's why pecan pie cookies are such a delicious alternative.
Pecan Pie Cookies Be the first to rate & review! Like turkey and stuffing, pecan pie is about as celebrated of a Thanksgiving dinner staple as any. From the rich and buttery crust to the caramel-like, nutty filling, the scrumptious dessert is packed with fall flavors that always have everyone at the table coming back for seconds. You can cook Pecan pie cookies using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pecan pie cookies
- Prepare of filling you will need.
- It’s 2 medium of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn syrup.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar , packed.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate (optional ).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 2 box of pie crust ( your favorite ).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. But in terms of flavor, these Pecan Pie Cookies are spot on. In lieu of a crust, there's a buttery shortbread cookie base made with dark corn syrup to deliver a hit of caramely flavor.
Pecan pie cookies instructions
- InstructionsPreheat oven to 400°F.In a large non-stick pan, combine butter, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and eggs. Cook on the stove top over medium-low heat just until thickened. (You don't want it dry, just slightly thickened, about the consistency of pudding). Remove from heat add vanill extract, set aside.Unroll dough and using a 3" cookie cutter, cut out circles. Gently fold about ⅛-1/4" up on the edges.Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pecan mixture into each circle.Place on a parchment lined pan (it's important to line it) and bake 8 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.Place chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag (use brand name, the store brands tend to leak). Microwave about 15 seconds or until mostly melted. Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Cool until set..
A "filling" is made separately by simmering together butter, powdered sugar, and more dark corn syrup, then whisking in a flurry of chopped pecans. The crust of this pecan pie cookie recipe is a blend of flour, sugar, butter and pecans that is pressed into the bottom of the pan, After being partially baked, it is topped with what essentially tastes like the filling of a pecan pie. Super sweet, lots of pecans, and just absolutely heavenly. ✯Don't want to miss the next post?✯ Pecan tassie filling never contains corn syrup, and pecan pie is not baked in a cream cheese-enriched crust. If Karo syrup was responsible for the widespread popularity of pecan pie, Philadelphia brand cream cheese may have been at least partially responsible for the spread of the pecan tassie in America. Combine all the filling ingredients (pecans through vanilla) in a small bowl.