Mashed potato souffle pie. Allow the pie to rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve. Then place the rest of the butter on top of the bread crumbs. Here is how you need to cook dinner it.
Whip potatoes, cream, cream cheese, and egg together in a large bowl; season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Fold scallions into the potato mixture and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Pass potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. You can cook Mashed potato souffle pie using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mashed potato souffle pie
- You need 2 1/4 lb of yellow potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of of bread crumbs(i use progresso,either plain or italian).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of of butter (to go in the mashed potatoes).
- You need 4 piece of of butter (to go on top of the pie before it goes in the oven).
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1 of ground meat filling.
- Prepare of ground beef filling.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of of ground beef.
- You need 2 medium of chopped onions(white, or yellow).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine cone seeds (optional).
Scoop up the mashed potatoes in large spoonfulls and flatten into disks, and cover the batter, using all of the potatoes. Sprinkle the potatoes scallions, parsley, salt and pepper, and then the cheese. Meanwhile, add the egg yolks, cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the mashed potatoes. Fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
Mashed potato souffle pie step by step
- Start by washing the potatoes and boiling them..
- After the potatoes are cooked, wash them again, and peel them. You could either put the potatoes in a food processor or mash them up with a fork..
- Add salt and eggs(1egg for every 2lbs of potatoes) to mashed potatoes..
- In a non sticking pan, spread the 4tbs of butter and sprinkle half of the bread crumbs(1/2 cup) on the bottom of the pan..
- Divide mashed potatoes into 2 halves. Spread the first half of the mashed potatoes right on top of the bread crumbs..
- Spread the meat filling on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Spread the 2nd half of the mashed potatoes on top of the meat filling..
- Sprinkle the rest of the bread crumbs (1/2 a cup) on top of the mashed potatoes..
- Then place the rest of the butter on top of the bread crumbs..
- Bake pie for 20-25mins or untill crumbs turn to a golden color (375degrees fh.).
- Ground beef filling: add a 1/4 of a cup of veg. Oil to a pan. Then add your two onions(chopped)..
- After the onions are cooked, add the ground beef and a pinch of salt. Mix all together and then Cook mixture until the water from the ground beef evaporates..
- Add the rest of the spices (pepper+cinnamon) and your pine cone seeds(if using any) . Mix everything together. And put the mixture on the side for 5-10Mins to cool down..
In a large bowl, whisk together the potatoes, egg yolks, cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic until creamy and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, and set the potato mixture aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.