Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. You can use your cut-up chicken to make this ginger-and-lime-scented curry with coconut milk, sweet potatoes and chiles. Or substitute your favorite part, be it wings or legs or bone-in breasts. Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the slow cooker.
Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Sauté the onion until it begins to soften, then add in the diced chicken and sear on all sides. Add the garlic and spices, followed by the sweet potato cubes, curry paste, and coconut milk. You can have Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 tbs of sesame oil.
- You need 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- You need 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- It’s 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of canned coconut milk.
- You need 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- It’s of juice of 2 limes.
- It’s To taste of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice, for serving.
- Prepare of naan, for serving – we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
Let the mixture simmer until sweet potatoes are done. Add the lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, stir to combine, and taste. Chicken Sweet Potato Coconut Stew: Key Ingredients An aromatic combination of flavors merge together to make people super hungry, so get ready to add this chicken curry stew to your dinner rotation. Coconut milk and shredded coconut help thicken the stew and give it a satisfying texture.
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes..
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Season to taste with salt..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..
Add the sweet potatoes, onion, mushrooms, and garlic to the baking dish. Pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock. Top with baby spinach, give everything a toss. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and saute for several minutes.