Bamboo Shoots and Plump Shrimp Shumai. Great recipe for Bamboo Shoots and Plump Shrimp Shumai. I like the simple taste of shumai more than gyoza, so I thought it would be delicious to make some with bamboo shoots and shrimp. Be sure to arrange the shumai so that they do not touch while steaming.
Other ingredients for the filling include shrimp, crab, lamb, egg, even noodles! Traditional Shanghainese Shao Mai is stuffed with glutinous rice, or sticky rice, pork, and bamboo shoots. Roll out the dough, wrap the shrimp filling with the wrapper. You can have Bamboo Shoots and Plump Shrimp Shumai using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bamboo Shoots and Plump Shrimp Shumai
- It’s 100 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots in brine.
- It’s 100 grams of Peeled shrimp.
- Prepare 100 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onions (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of ★Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ★Chicken soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Sesame oil.
- Prepare 20 of Shumai skins.
- You need 20 of Green peas.
- You need 3 of leaves Cabbage.
- You need 80 ml of Water.
Chop the bamboo shoots into small pieces. Mix the shrimps, bamboo shoots, and the seasoning together until it become sticky. To steam A lump of shrimp, cut into pieces, with mince-size pieces of bamboo shoots. A lump of shrimp, mince-size pieces of pork fat, bamboo shoots, and sometimes with sliced gailan stems.
Bamboo Shoots and Plump Shrimp Shumai step by step
- Mince the bamboo shoots and finely chop the onions. Coat with katakuriko. Roughly chop the shrimp into 7 or 8 mm chunks..
- Mix the pork with the ★ seasoning until it becomes sticky..
- Once it becomes sticky, add Step 1 and mix together..
- If you have time, wrap tightly and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Make a circle with your thumb and index finger..
- Put the shumai skin on top of your fingers..
- Use a spatula or spoon to put the meat mixture on top..
- Wrap it around and top with a pea..
- Once they are all wrapped up, line a frying pan with kitchen parchment paper. Top the paper with 4-5 cm pieces of cabbage..
- Top the cabbage with the shumai, being careful not to let them touch..
- Pour in water under parchment paper and turn on the heat. Once it begins to bubble, cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium-low and steam for 8-10 minutes while keeping an eye on it..
- Transfer to a dish and enjoy..
The first filling is the most common and the ingredients are halal, so even Muslims can enjoy them. Bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and pepper can also be added. The outer covering is made of a thin sheet of lye water dough, which is either yellow or white. The center is usually garnished with an orange dot, made of crab roe or diced carrot , although a green dot made with a pea may be used. Sometimes bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, or dehydrated shiitake mushrooms are diced and added to the mixture.