Dry Curry (with Lots of Chinese Cabbage). Great recipe for Dry Curry (with Lots of Chinese Cabbage). I had so much Chinese cabbage so I added it to dry curry. If you don't have the spices marked with ＊ (cumin, nutmeg, coriander), you can omit them.
One such dish is the cabbage dry curry. Fresh cabbages cook in no time. Adding little Indian spices and stir-fry them, we will have delicious dry curry ready in no time. You can cook Dry Curry (with Lots of Chinese Cabbage) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dry Curry (with Lots of Chinese Cabbage)
- It’s 600 grams of Chinese cabbage.
- You need 2 of Onions (small).
- You need 100 grams of Carrot.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 piece of Ginger (minced).
- You need 500 grams of Combined ground beef and pork.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ＊ Curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ＊ Natural salt.
- Prepare 3 of cubes ＊ Curry roux (medium-hot, crushed finely).
- Prepare 3 tsp of ＊ Cumin powder.
- You need 1 of ＊ Nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of ＊ Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 of ＊ Soup stock cube.
- You need 1 piece of ＊ Bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of plus Garam masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Miso.
This cabbage dry curry is a perfect accompaniment for roti or any rice varieties. Add cabbage, mix well and cook for a minute. Grind coconut ad fennel with little water to a fine paste. Next add onion, garlic and curry leaves – saute till slightly browned.
Dry Curry (with Lots of Chinese Cabbage) instructions
- Finely chop the vegetables (It might be troublesome, but the texture will be better than grinding in a food processor.).
- Heat vegetable oil in a thick-bottomed pot and sauté the garlic and ginger until aromatic..
- First of all, sauté the onions patiently for about 20 minutes (over low to medium heat)..
- Turn the heat higher and stir-fry the minced meat well, until browned..
- When the meat is brown, sift the flour (to hold the umami inside and thicken any extra sauce)..
- Add Chinese cabbage and onions. Stir-fry while mixing roughly..
- Add all ＊ ingredients and cover tightly with a lid. Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes. (It might burn if you don't stir)..
- After 20 minutes, the Chinese cabbage will start to soften release moisture. Continue simmering for 15 to 20 minutes as you mix everything together..
- Taste, and season with miso, garam masala, salt and pepper..
- Dish it up, and serve. I recommend you top it with baked tomatoes..
- The amount of water depends on the Chinese cabbage you use. If it tastes too plain at the end, adjust with miso and roux..
If you don't have the spices marked with ＊ (cumin, nutmeg, coriander), you can omit them. In that case, try adding curry powder. If you like it spicy, try using spicy curry roux. Heat a pan or kadai (with lid) and add oil. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, urad dal, and channa dal.