Perfect with Rice! Chicken and Tomato Milk Soup. Great recipe for Perfect with Rice! This soup is rich in calcium from the milk, has lots of vegetables, and is very hearty, so I make it whenever I'm strapped for time (there's no root vegetables so it cooks up quickly). It's like a soup curry, and I like it.
Tomato Chicken Rice Soup 'This hearty soup is loaded with vegetables, chicken, rice and herbs. A nice twist to a classic chicken soup, this will be a hit with the whole family. Soup and bread just go together. You can have Perfect with Rice! Chicken and Tomato Milk Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfect with Rice! Chicken and Tomato Milk Soup
- It’s 200 grams of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of Chicken thigh meat (or pork).
- It’s 1 of The white part of a Japanese leek.
- You need 200 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1/2 can of Canned tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour (cake flour).
- You need 2 tsp of ●Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 3 of ●Chicken stock cubes.
- It’s 1 of Red chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of plus Fish sauce.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper, black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Olive oil.
I love pairing soup with Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread, Grandma's Perfect Homemade Bread or Easy Homemade Naan. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper, broth, chicken. First things first, pour the canned tomato soup into a saucepan and heat it in medium/low setting while stirring.
Perfect with Rice! Chicken and Tomato Milk Soup step by step
- Cut the cabbage into 3 cm squares. Cut the chicken to about the same size, sprinkle salt and pepper and then coat in flour..
- Finely chop the garlic. Slice the leek diagonally to 1 cm..
- Put olive oil in a heavy pot or frying pan, and sauté the garlic and chili pepper until fragrant. Add the chicken and sauté until slightly browned..
- Add the leek and sauté quickly, then add water. Bring to a boil, and remove any scum. Add the canned tomato and the ● ingredients and stir. Add the cabbage and simmer..
- When the cabbage has wilted and the chicken is cooked through, add the milk. Season with fish sauce, sprinkle black pepper, and it's done..
- It's delicious with toasted bread, and goes surprisingly well with noodles too..
- Variation: It's delicious with some curry powder or other spices added too! You can also put in some cooked soy beans or other cooked beans to make it more filling..
In another pan, heat the milk simultaneously. Make sure the milk does not come to a boil as this will trigger the milk to separate into lumps when mixed with the tomato soup. Season with salt, pepper and dried basil. Bring to a simmer and allow the rice to soak up all the tomato flavours. Place chicken thighs, skin side up, over rice.