Superb! Pork and Egg Okonomiyaki. Crisp on the outside and custardy in the center, okonomiyaki are pan-fried Japanese pancakes that traditionally feature a filling of cabbage and pork belly. Here, bacon can be substituted for the. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese cabbage pancake blanketed with toppings.
Tilt the pan and place the pork and onion onto the egg. Then, gently place the Tonpeiyaki onto a plate with the egg-side facing up. Using a kitchen brush, coat it with the okonomiyaki sauce. You can cook Superb! Pork and Egg Okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Superb! Pork and Egg Okonomiyaki
- Prepare 200 grams of White flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of Yamaimo or nagaimo.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 250 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 1/3 tbsp of Japanese dashi soup base.
- You need 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Tempura crumbs.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Green onion or scallion.
- Prepare 2 of Chikuwa.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden brown and. The batter is made of flour, grated nagaimo (a long type of yam), water or dashi, eggs and shredded cabbage, and usually contains other ingredients such as green onion, meat (usually thinly sliced pork belly or American bacon), octopus, squid, shrimp, and vegetables. You can learn more about Okonomiyaki on Wikipedia. Add okonomiyaki mixture and spread into an even layer with a fork.
Superb! Pork and Egg Okonomiyaki step by step
- After mixing the flour and salt together, add water little by little to keep it from balling up. Add the Japanese yams, dashi soup base, soy sauce, and stir until smooth..
- Divide the flour, cabbage, green onions, tempura crumbs, and chikuwa into 4 individual bowls and mix (it tastes great with natto)..
- Once the electric griddle is heated, coat with oil, pour in the batter, and lay the pork belly on top. Flip over once they have browned nicely..
- When flipping over, do not press down with a spatula, just use the edge of a spatula to poke it at several places to add air vents!! Eat it with bonito flakes, aonori seaweed flakes, and okonomiyaki sauce..
If not using pork belly, heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add okonomiyaki mixture and spread into an even layer with a fork. Popular street food from Osaka, Japan, Okonomiyaki is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, and your choice of protein, and topped with a variety of condiments. Among all the Osaka specialty, Takoyaki (たこ焼き) and Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) are most well-known. Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) is another Japanese street food, like Yakisoba (Japanese Stir Fried Noodles) which I posted few weeks ago.