Pork and Kimchi Hot Pot. Add other vegetables and tofu to the pot and heat. It's faster if you cover the pot. Once the vegetables are cooked through, top with the chives to finish and bring to a quick boil.
In a large bowl, combine the ground. Oyster and Pork Kimchi Nabe is especially good for cold days and will warm you up. A variety of dashi make this hot pot so delicious. You can cook Pork and Kimchi Hot Pot using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork and Kimchi Hot Pot
- You need of Pork and kimchi stir-fry.
- You need 300 of to 350 grams Pork (thin-cut belly, sliced pieces, etc.).
- It’s 1 tsp of ●Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of each ●Soy sauce, sake.
- It’s 1 of to 2 teaspoons Gochujang.
- You need 1 of clove/piece Garlic, ginger (grated).
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 250 of to 300 grams Kimchi.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need 1 block of Tofu.
- You need 300 of to 400 grams Chinese cabbage.
- You need 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 of to 4 Fresh shiitake mushrooms (if available).
- Prepare 1 bag of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 bunch Garlic Chives (or green onions).
- Prepare 1 of Pizza cheese.
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 1000 ml of ◎Hot water or water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Chicken soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◎Iriko (dried little fish) dashi (or bonito dashi).
- It’s 1 of to 2 tablespoons ◎Soy sauce.
- It’s of to taste.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Korean chili pepper powder.
Homemade Hot pot Simmered Pork slice and Vegetables with Kimchi soup in a Hot Pot. We serve up DIY MEAL Kits for customers to cook at home. Please enjoy cooking with your family members. *images are for illustration purpose only. In a large bowl, mix sugar, salt, soy sauce and cornflour slurry together.
Pork and Kimchi Hot Pot step by step
- Cut the pork into bite-size pieces, and season them by rubbing in the ● ingredients. Cut the onion lengthwise along the grain into about 1 cm thick slices..
- Cut the cabbage into half, then chop into about 4 cm pieces. Slice the shiitake mushrooms diagonally into strips. Cut off the shimeji mushroom stems and shred..
- In a frying pan, add about half a tablespoon of oil and minced garlic and ginger, and sauté well over medium to low heat. Once it starts to brown, add the gochujang paste and stir together..
- Add the pork. Turn up the heat and once the coloring starts to change, add the onion slices and cook through. It's done once you add kimchi and stir them well together..
- Transfer the stir-fried pork and kimchi from step 4 into a clay pot moistened with water. In the frying pan used for stir-frying, add the ◎ ingredients (without having washed the pan) and bring to a boil. Once the soup is ready, pour it into the clay pot..
- Add other vegetables and tofu to the pot and heat. It's faster if you cover the pot..
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, top with the chives to finish and bring to a quick boil. When it's ready, eat together with the hidden pork and kimchi stir-fry at the bottom..
- You can also add some Korean chili pepper powder if you'd like..
- It's yummy to add in Chinese style noodles, but toasted mochi (rice cake) can be added too..
- Once you've consumed about half of the meal, it's also tasty to add some pizza cheese and eat it as it melts!.
- Note I think it depends on the quality (material) of the clay pot and how you adjust the heat, but there may be a case in which it burns a little..
- I didn't want to stir-fry in a clay pot, so I used a frying pan. If you're using a pot other than a clay pot, it's easy to make if you place the other ingredients over the stir-fry from step 4 and pour soup over it..
- Since the pork is flavored well and cooked through, it won't turn into wasted ground pieces but will stay delicious to be eaten..
In a hot pot add water, pork, tofu, leeks, kimchi, and kochujan. Bring to a boil and then simmer. When you are done with the contents of the nabe, add steamed rice and eggs. Simmer over low heat with the lid on until the eggs start to set. In normal Kimchi hot pot, Kimchi did nothing but adding its flavor over the hot pot base.