Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup). Combine all ingredients for the meat ball and set aside. In a stock pot sautee Shallot and chopped garlic until aromatic. Add tomatoes and lemon grass and sautee until tomatoes are soft. add tomato paste and then bay leaf.
Add tomatoes and lemon grass and sautee until tomatoes are soft. add tomato paste and then bay leaf. Bun Rieu is a Vietnamese noodle soup made with crab meat, pork, and tomatoes. An authentic Vietnamese Bun Rieu recipe infuses pork bone broth, crab spices, and tomatoes. You can have Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup) using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup)
- It’s of meat balls.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp (shell, devein and finely chop).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper and salt.
- You need 3 of scallion (finely chop).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red boat fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of fresh crab meat (prefer lump).
- You need of soup.
- You need 2 of lemon grass, discard green part. Use white part and cut into 3 inch stalks and bruise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, quartered.
- It’s 2 can of chicken stock (low sodium).
- Prepare 1 cup of dried shrimp broth (made by boiling and seeping dried shrimp for 10 min) this is optional as it provides a very intense flavor.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- You need 10 piece of fried tofu.
- It’s 3 of Shallots chopped finely.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s of bowl.
- You need 1 packages of Rice noodles boil until tender and drain.
- Prepare 1 cup of bean sprout.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Lime cut into quarters.
Crab is mixed with ground pork into small balls that are then added to the soup to cook, and then ladled into a serving bowl with vermicelli rice. Crab Noodle Soup – Bun Rieu. Give the shrimp a quick rinse. Mince the dried shrimp with the use of a knife or a small food processor.
Quick Bun Rieu (Crab Meat Ball Noodle Soup) step by step
- Combine all ingredients for the meat ball and set aside..
- In a stock pot sautee Shallot and chopped garlic until aromatic..
- Add tomatoes and lemon grass and sautee until tomatoes are soft. add tomato paste and then bay leaf..
- Pour in chicken stock, fish sauce, shrimp broth, water and bring to a boil for 10 min. Skim off foam from top.
- With two spoons, form small meatballs with crab-shrimp-pork mixture and place into boiling soup.
- Add fried tofu, let boil until meatballs and tofu float to the top.
- Cook rice noodles until tender. Drain water. Place rice noodles in a bowl, arrange meatballs and tofu and garnish with basil, bean sprout, cabbage and cilantro. Squeeze 1 wedge of lime into bowl. Pour in hot soup last..
In a large mixing bowl add in the crab meat and the crab paste. In another large bowl place the noodles and submerge them in cold water. While the soup is simmering on medium high heat, drop large spoonfuls of crab mixture into the pot. Bún riêu is another very popular and flavor-packed Vietnamese rice noodle soup, with soup flavored with tomatoes, shrimp paste, fish sauce and a meat broth. In a serving bowl, arrange cooked noodles then ladle over the soup with pork riblets, crab, tomatoes and tofu.