Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup. Great recipe for Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup. I think simply-flavored cabbage rolls are the best. If you use tender spring cabbage, the rolls will cook in a short time and be very tender.
The beautiful thing about cabbage roll soup is that it freezes really well and tastes just as good after you reheat it. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over high heat. Unstuffed cabbage roll soup is the best of both worlds – you get all the delicious flavors of traditional cabbage rolls but with way less effort! You can cook Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup
- You need 6 large of leaves Cabbage.
- Prepare 250 grams of Combined ground beef and pork.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of ★ Egg.
- You need 5 tbsp of ★ Panko.
- Prepare 1 of ★ Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of ★ Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of ★ Cardamon powder.
- Prepare 1 of enough to cover the rolls Water.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
This one pot cabbage roll soup is warm and comforting, and it pairs perfectly with onion dill bread or quick and easy beer bread ! Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook the beef, salt, and pepper, breaking apart the meat as it browns. Add the carrots, parsnips, and onions.
Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup step by step
- Peel off the cabbage leaves one by one carefully, and boil in salted water. Cut the core parts off and shave any thick parts of the leaves thinly. Finely chop the onion. Finely chop the cut off bits of cabbage..
- Combine the ground meat, onion, ★ ingredients and finely chopped cabbage core and knead together well..
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions, and wrap each portion with cabbage into a roll. Secure the rolls with toothpicks..
- Line the rolls in a deep frying pan, leaving no gaps. Add enough water to cover, and add the soup cube. Bring to a boil, and skim off the scum. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes..
- It's rather lightly seasoned, but adding a bit of grainy mustard will add a delicious accent..
- If you mix in ketchup, it'll become tomato-flavored. Try topping the cooked cabbage rolls with cheese and baking it to make a cabbage roll gratinée. Try your own variations..
Add the broth, tomato sauce, rice, herbs, maple syrup, Worcestershire, and red pepper flakes. Using a paring knife, cut out the hard triangular rib from each cabbage leaf. Place about ⅓ cup filling into one end of each leaf, then roll up, tucking in the sides as you roll. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Steps to make Soft Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Soup: Peel off the cabbage leaves one by one carefully, and boil in salted water.