Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Soup. Add egg, rice, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Fill each cabbage leaf with this mixture, then roll up and place in a roasting pan. Parboil the cabbage in. the leaf over.
The key to any good soup is building layers of flavors that mix and mingle, and this cabbage roll soup is no exception. Start by browning onions, ground beef, and paprika together (yup, at the same time!), and choose lean ground beef so the soup doesn't end up too fatty. Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. You can cook Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Soup
- It’s 10 of leaves Cabbage.
- It’s 300 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 100 ml of Panko.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 400 grams of ☆Canned crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 400 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Soup stock granules.
- You need 4 tbsp of ☆Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of of each Dried parsley.
Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string. In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Unstuffed cabbage roll soup is the best of both worlds – you get all the delicious flavors of traditional cabbage rolls but with way less effort!
Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Soup step by step
- Peel off each cabbage leaf carefully, remove the stem, lightly boil, and let cool..
- Finely chop the onions, cover with plastic wrap, microwave for about a minute at 500w, and let cool..
- In a bowl, mix the ground meat, onions from Step 2, eggs, panko, and salt and pepper until it all sticks together..
- If the cabbage from Step 1 is large, use 1 leaf. If it is small or has holes, stack 2-3 leaves together..
- Add Step 3 on top of Step 4, and roll the meat filling tightly in the cabbage. Secure it with a toothpick to keep it from falling apart..
- In a pot, mix the ingredients marked with ☆, turn the heat to medium and add in the cabbage rolls, and remove the scum..
- Cover the pot with aluminum foil and boil for 30 minutes over low heat..
- Remove the toothpick and serve in bowls, garnish with dried parsley, and you are done ..
- These are cabbages rolls made with lots of broth. Add bacon to the leftover broth and boil, and eat as tomato soup for a nutritious and delicious treat!.
- I made pork and beans with the leftover broth . I added pork belly cut into small bits with large boiled beans, boiled it a bit, and was done..
- The recipe for a mushroom and white sauce cabbage roll version -..
This one pot cabbage roll soup is warm and comforting, and it pairs perfectly with onion dill bread or quick and easy beer bread ! Season the beef mixture with cayenne, paprika, salt, and oregano, Stir in tomato paste. Pour beef broth and tomatoes over the beef mixture and stir in the rice. In a freezer-safe container, add in a layer of tomato soup on the bottom. Place a layer of cabbage rolls, another layer of tomato soup and then place the lid on.