Pork and Cabbage Rolls. In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Take a leaf of cabbage and put meat in the center. Tuck in sides and roll up, secure with a toothpick.
It is packed with flavor thanks to hoisin sauce, ginger, and garlic—and some salt and white pepper, of course (though black pepper works too). There's also some cornstarch in the mix to make sure the filling isn't watery. Spicy Asian Pork Cabbage Rolls are a spicy, Asian-inspired twist on traditional cabbage rolls! You can have Pork and Cabbage Rolls using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork and Cabbage Rolls
- It’s 10 of leaves Cabbage.
- Prepare 8 slice of Pork sliced thinly.
- It’s 6 of Shiso leaves.
- You need 1/4 of Red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chinese soup stock.
Use turkey, chicken, beef or even tofu if you prefer! One of my all-time most favorite comfort foods in the world is traditional, old-fashioned cabbage rolls. They're a traditional Polish/East European dish called Golumpki or Galumpkis. Place the cabbage rolls in a large pan.
Pork and Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Boil cabbage in a large pot. When cooked, pat dry well with a paper towel..
- Julienne the red bell pepper..
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil and mix in the soup stock. Cook the pork with it. When it's cooked, drain the water and set aside to cool down..
- Spread out the cabbage flatly. Top with shiso leaf, pork, and red bell pepper in order. Roll up as if you're making sushi rolls..
- Wrap up with a paper towel and plastic wrap, and chill in the fridge until it's time to serve..
- Slice it, dish it up, and serve with Japanese-style dressing. Decorate with mayonnaise to finish!!.
Pour over the chicken stock and soy sauce. Remove the lid and sprinkle the. The filling is a mix of pork, rice, salted, shredded cabbage, sesame oil, scallion, garlic, and cilantro with a few beaten eggs acting as a binder. After the rolls are formed, you pour a salty, spicy soy-based sauce over them which bastes them while they bake. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until smoking.