Cabbage soup for a cold day.. Goes great on a cold winter night with a loaf of hot bread. In a large pot (or dutch oven) over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
There is cabbage in every bite, and vinegar added at the end brightens the flavor. Serve this soup on a cold day with a side of toasted bread or a slice of crusty sourdough. In a large Dutch oven, combine the broth, celery, cabbage, onion and carrot; bring to a boil. You can have Cabbage soup for a cold day. using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage soup for a cold day.
- You need 1/2 of Cabbage.
- You need 3/4 pounds of Pork belly or bacon.
- It’s of Salt and pepper for taste.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s half of cup of Chicken flavored soup base mix.
- It’s 10 cups of water.
Italian Cabbage Soup After doing yard work on a windy day, we love to come in for a light but hearty soup like this one. It's brimming with cabbage, veggies and white beans. Cabbage Soup Recipes Try new ways to make one of the ultimate comfort foods. Here are some popular cabbage soups in a collection of recipes that won't disappoint.
Cabbage soup for a cold day. step by step
- Cut up cabbage and bacon or pork belly in bite size and set to aside..
- Boil water and add soup mix and dash of salt and black pepper for taste..
- Add cabbage and meat cook till cabbage are soft and add Worcestershire sauce and all done!.
Hamburger Cabbage Soup Perfect for a cold or rainy day, this comfort food dish will warm your soul. Get the recipe at Cookin' Cowgirl. The Spruce Italian Minestrone soup is a wonderful way to enjoy the goodness of nutritious garden vegetables during the cold winter months. Vegetarian and vegan, this low-calorie, low-fat homemade soup recipe is packed with heart-healthy tomatoes, carrots, celery, green beans, zucchini, basil, and garlic, all simmered slowly for maximum flavor. Cabbage Soup is a savory vegetable soup made with carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, diced tomato and spices.