Baked Spaghetti. A comforting baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of melted cheese is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a week-night dinner. Let your oven do all the work with Trisha Yearwood's Baked Spaghetti for Food Network. Recipe … Toss with spaghetti, then transfer to baking dish and top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
Looking for a new family-favorite dinner? Try popping your spaghetti into the oven for a tasty take on this classic dish. Here are some cheesy and easy baked spaghetti recipes to get you started. You can cook Baked Spaghetti using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Spaghetti
- It’s of Spaghetti or Angel Hair pasta.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1-2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 block of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 package of mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Seasonings for meat/sauce.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- You need of Garlic salt or garlic powder.
- Prepare of Basil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
It's a layered, baked casserole with a tomato-based meat sauce, mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, and pasta. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg, milk and salt. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
Baked Spaghetti step by step
- Dice onion. Oil skillet and cook onion on medium until nicely browned..
- Add ground beef and seasonings to skillet and increase heat to medium high. Cook until meat is browned..
- Add diced tomato and pasta sauce to skillet, add seasonings, and reduce heat to low/simmer. Stir occasionally. At this time, start boiling pasta water with a little bit of oil and salt..
- Once water is boiling, add pasta, and cook until done. Drain pasta, leaving some of the pasta water behind. Return pasta to stove with burner on low..
- Season pasta and add in block of cream cheese. Stir until well mixed without lumps, add more water if needed. Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Grease baking dish with oil or cooking spray and begin layers of sauce and pasta, and then add cheese on top. Cover dish with lid or foil..
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese on top is browned/melted..
Baked Spaghetti is hearty and family friendly with a crispy cheesy top layer and ground beef filling; your kids will ask for baked spaghetti every week! The one-dish meal comes together quickly on busy nights for simple, cozy comfort food! The one-dish meal comes together quickly on busy nights for simple, cozy comfort food! Baked Spaghetti is a favorite casserole around here! A quick zesty meat sauce is combined with tomatoes and spaghetti and topped with cheese.