Summer spaghetti. This yummy pasta recipe is light and delicious, making it perfect for a hot day. It's covered in a summer spaghetti sauce with zucchini and cherry tomatoes, so you can use up some garden veggies, too! Summer Spaghetti This is probably my favorite summer pasta and it is one that I've been making for over forty years.
Adds the herbs, garlic, some salt and pepper. He brought home a recipe he had gotten from someone at work, and it was adapted over time to this recipe–so I named it Tony's Summer Pasta. The tomatoes and cheese are marinated in oil, basil, and garlic, and then tossed with the hot linguine. You can cook Summer spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer spaghetti
- Prepare of Spaghetti:.
- You need 8 oz of (half a pound) red lentil spaghetti noodles (not cooked).
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of For the rest:.
- It’s 20 of basil leafs.
- Prepare 3 of large tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh mozzarella (cubed in 1/2 inch cubes).
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need of Olive oil.
The tomatoes are warmed and the cheese melts ever so slightly, creating a simple but delectable meal. Summer Italian Spaghetti Salad Recipe is a spaghetti salad with fresh veggies and Italian dressing. This delicious, light pasta dish is just perfect for a hot, lazy day. by Kathy Brennan and Caroline Campion From. This healthy dish is quick and easy to prepare.
Summer spaghetti instructions
- For the spaghetti:.
- Boil water and add salt.
- Add red lentil noodles to boiling water.
- Let red lentil noodles get soft then take off heat.
- Drain water and add olive oil to the noodles.
- Let cool in the refrigerator until needed (it won’t be needed till later).
- For the rest:.
- Chop basil extra finely.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Bring out the cold noodles.
- Add the basil, tomato, and cheese to the noodles and stir.
- Put back into the refrigerator.
- Add about 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, bake chicken.
- Once your chicken is cooked and tender, make small strips with it.
- Now add the chicken to the noodle mix.
Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside at room temperature. This spicy, sweet, and punchy pasta salad is perfect for a hot summer picnic when you need your dishes perfect at room (ahem, air) temperature. Photo by Alex Lau, Food Styling by Sue Li. Lemony Shrimp & Snow Pea Pasta This pretty pasta is a family favorite —the kids love the light lemony flavor and I love that they devour the fresh veggies. You can use other types of pasta for variety, like.