Baked Spaghetti Casserole. In large skillet, brown ground beef. In large pot cook pasta to al dente'. When beef is cooked, drain and add spaghetti sauce and hot water (I always dump the water in the jar and shake it up to get the last bit of sauce out before adding to the pan).
The hearty meatless main dish – a combination of spaghetti and lasagna ingredients – is cheese and well seasoned with a creamy tomato sauce. The prep can be done then night before and then baked before serving making this baked spaghetti the perfect potluck dish! Add veggies and tomato sauce and simmer. You can cook Baked Spaghetti Casserole using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Prepare of Meat Sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz.) of no salt added crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each brown sugar. dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need of Pasta & Cheesy Layers:.
- You need 1 box (16 oz.) of thin spaghetti pasta.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 5 tbsp. of salted butter, melted.
- It’s 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce.
Baked Spaghetti Casserole instructions
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the beef and cook, breaking it up, until it's browned throughout. Then drain any excess grease and add the onion to the skillet. Once the onion softens up, add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, basil, salt and pepper, then lower the heat and let it simmer while you start cooking the pasta..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13" baking pan and set it aside. Cook the spaghetti until al dente in a large pot of salted water. When it's ready, drain it and return it to the pot. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter and grated parmesan cheese together. Then pour it over the drained pasta and toss to fully coat. Place the shredded mozzarella, parmesan and white cheddar in a bowl and toss together to integrate it all together..
- Place half of the pasta into the prepared pan, then top with half of the ricotta and half of the meat sauce. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese blend over that, then repeat the layers with the rest. Make sure to completely cover the pasta with the top layer of sauce. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil, and bake another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has started to brown. Let it cool for 10 or so minutes, then slice into squares and serve..
Grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray. Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente, drain, and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium. Remove from heat, and stir in the pasta sauce and cream. Then add the mozzarella cheese in an even layer over top.