Red Wine 🍷 Spaghetti 🍝. Add wine, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the reserved cooking liquid and reserved wine to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
The pasta takes on a fruity acidity from the reduced wine–smoothed by the last-minute addition of butter–and a beautiful mahogany glaze. This is a good side dish to a grilled meat or fish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You can have Red Wine 🍷 Spaghetti 🍝 using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Wine 🍷 Spaghetti 🍝
- Prepare 1 (16 ounce) of box spaghetti.
- It’s of Salt for boiling spaghetti.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, sliced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 cups of red wine.
- You need 2 cans of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
Salt the boiling water and add spaghetti. Drain, then transfer to the skillet with the reduced wine and stock. Two bottles of red wine get cooked down to a glossy butter sauce that stains and flavors the spaghetti. The wine reduces quickly to make a tangy, burgundy-colored sauce, and then all the dish needs is butter and cheese and a handful of basil leaves.
Red Wine 🍷 Spaghetti 🍝 step by step
- In a large pan, under low heat, heat up some olive oil, put just enough to coat bottom of pan……
- Sauté onion, green pepper and garlic until veggies are tender…..
- Meanwhile in a large pot, boil spaghetti until al dente, drain and return to pot, don’t forget to salt your water!!!……Coat spaghetti lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking……..
- In the pan with veggies add red wine, diced tomatoes,Italian seasoning,oregano and black pepper, bring to a boil……Then reduce heat to a medium/ high boil…….
- When wine has been reduced by more than half, add your cooked spaghetti to pan and continue to cook everything until spaghetti is completely coated with the wine and veggies…….Any extra liquid will be absorbed by the spaghetti the longer it sits…….
- Top each serving with Parmesan cheese and enjoy 😉!!!!.
Make sure to get another bottle to drink with. Toss with Parmesan and parsley and serve warm. Mostly, the most suggested red wine in cooking is Barolo and Chianti. Red wine helps in storing the original flavors and the fragrance of each of the other ingredients used in spaghetti sauce to be made at home. By adding red wine to your spaghetti sauce, you will have the added richness and lip smacking taste in your sauce.