Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, parmesan and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl to blend. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, shrimp and the reserved cooking. Whisk together Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water. While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce,. You can cook Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- It’s 1 T of evoo.
- You need 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gluten free yam starch noodles).
- It’s 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- It’s 2/3 c of evoo.
- It’s 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- It’s 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- It’s 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 of \3 c chopped fresh basil.
- You need 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Meanwhile, in a large heavy bottomed. Combine lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in parsley and stir in butter until melted.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp instructions
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
Add the lemon zest and white wine to the shrimp. Stir and let the wine reduce slightly. Ladle the pasta cooking water into a large serving bowl. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Once the shrimp are cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside.