Spaghetti with Tuna-Tomato Sauce. Find Deals on Italian Tomato Sauce in Pantry Staples on Amazon. Add tomatoes with their juice and crushed red pepper; break up the tomatoes with a fork. Break up the tuna with a fork and set aside.
Empty tuna into a bowl and mash with a fork while pasta is cooking. Add the tomatoes, parsley, and tuna mashing them as they heat Cook until liquid is reduce to a sauce, remove from heat, cover, and keep warm. Cook Spaghetti to desired texture, strain and mix with the sauce. You can have Spaghetti with Tuna-Tomato Sauce using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with Tuna-Tomato Sauce
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need of red pepper flakes, about 1/8 tsp or to taste.
- You need 4 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 6 oz of packet of star kist tuna packed in safflower oil.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tbs of freeze-dried or fresh finely chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 oz of spaghetti.
- You need of fresh parmesan.
Serve with freshly grated parnesean cheese. Add the anchovies, if desired; use a fork to break them up and mix them into the tomato sauce. Break up the tuna chunks in a small bowl using a fork, then add to the tomato sauce, stirring in gently. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
Spaghetti with Tuna-Tomato Sauce instructions
- In a small pot, put the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is tan color and then strain the oil into a 10" pan.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and tuna mashing them as they heat.
- Cook until liquid is reduce to a sauce, remove from heat, cover, and keep warm..
- Cook Spaghetti to desired texture, strain and mix with the sauce..
- Serve with freshly grated parnesean cheese. NO SAWDUST CHEESE!.
Chop onion, dried tomatoes and parsley. Add the tomatoes and tilt the saucepan to swirl the ingredients together. Add the tuna, olives and capers, if desired, simmer a little longer to thicken sauce. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente or just until tender. Drain and combine with hot tuna-tomato sauce and serve with sprinkled cheese.