Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Bolognese. Discover New Ways To Make Your Favorite Dishes. View All The Gourmet Garden™ Recipes. Recipes That Inspire Home Cooks With Fresh, Convenient, And Flavorful Weeknight Dinners.
Stir often to break down the meat. Great recipe for Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Bolognese. Bolognese, Carbonara, Alfredo, Napoli, Aioli, Lasagna, Osso Bucco, Eggplant & Chicken Parmigiana, Risotto and others. You can cook Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Bolognese using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Bolognese
- You need 200 g of Spaghetti.
- Prepare 300 g of Minced Beef.
- You need 100 g of Brown/Shitake Mushrooms (sliced).
- Prepare of [Marinade].
- It’s 2 g (2 pinches) of Salt.
- It’s 2 g of White Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano (minced).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of [Sauce].
- Prepare 70 g of Yellow Onions (diced).
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 100 g of Carrots (diced).
- You need 50 g of Celery or Chinese Celery (diced).
- You need 400 g of Ripe Tomatoes (diced or crushed).
- You need 1 cup of Water/Stock (Pasta Water is fine).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 pinches of Salt.
- Prepare of [Miscellaneous].
- It’s as needed of Olive Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Parmesan Cheese.
Italian food is rather simple, but. Bolognese is a rich, meaty, slow-simmered sauce, typically served over pasta. In our paleo take on this classic dish, we start with a soffritto (an aromatic veggie base of carrots, celery, and onions), then add in ground beef, mushrooms, and a savory balsamic roasted red pepper sauce. It's all spooned over delicate spaghetti squash "noodles." A homemade gremolata with parsley and almonds.
Spaghetti with Beef and Mushroom Bolognese step by step
- MARINADE: marinate the Beef with Salt, White Pepper, Olive Oil, Fresh Oregano and Worcestershire Sauce for 30 minutes or more..
- PASTA: Boil a pot of water. Add 2 pinches of Salt, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and stir. Add the Spaghetti and cook until al dente. Remove and set aside. Reuse the water if you like..
- BEEF & Shrooms: Heat 2-3 Tbsp of Olive Oil until hot. Add 1/2 of the Onions, then the add the Garlic and fry them until they are fragrant. Then add the Beef and cook it until brown all over. Then add the Mushroom, mix well and cook until the Mushrooms are soft. Remove and set aside..
- VEGGIES: heat 2-3 Tbsp of Olive Oil until hot. Fry the remaining Onions and Celery until fragrant. Next add the Carrots and fry them for a few minutes. Then add the Tomatoes and cook them for 2-3 minutes. (Sometimes, I also add Fresh Coriander with the Celery).
- STEWING: add 1 cup of Water/Stock, Sugar, Salt, and bring it to a boil. Add the Beef & Shrooms, then stew the sauce until the liquid reduces and thickens. After that, TURN off the heat, add about 30g of Parmesan, 1 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano and mix well. (I also added a handful of Mozzarella sometimes, to thicken the sauce).
- ASSEMBLY: place the Spaghetti on a plate. Spoon the Sauce on top and garnish with Oregano and Parmesan Cheese..
Beef and mushroom bolognese starts with beef, mushrooms, fennel, and ground red pepper simmered with diced tomatoes before being tossed with pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Beef and Mushroom Bolognese over Spaghetti Pasta Yum. Sometimes as a Mom, I have to get sneaky. My kids say they hate some vegetables.