Cranberry relish. A jar of relish made by cooking a mixture of cranberries, gourds, and sugar. Holiday and Thanksgiving Cranberry Relish recipe. Fresh cranberries ground up with apples and orange.
Classic cranberry relish for your holiday table. This is an easy and delicious cranberry orange relish. Much of its sweet orange flavor comes from the liqueur, however it can be omitted. You can have Cranberry relish using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry relish
- Prepare 1 large of orange, juice and zest.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
- It’s 3 cup of whole fresh cranberries.
- It’s 2 stick of cinnamon.
You've been doing it the same way forever. Make Anthony Bourdain's super simple cranberry relish recipe to serve with your turkey this Thanksgiving. Tart and tangy, cranberry relish is different than the traditional sauce because it showcases cranberries uncooked and sour to taste (until you add sugar and spices). Cranberry relish is an easy side dish or appetizer that can be used in a variety of ways.
Cranberry relish instructions
- put everything in medium sauce pan.
- cook on medium low or medium 10-15 mins until cranberries start to pop and you can smell orange zest and cinnamon.
- turn off burner and let cool slightly.
- remove cinnamon sticks.
Here are our favorite ways to spike the Thanksgiving staple. Bobby brings the heat with a Serrano chile, while Ted opts for Cointreau. Cranberry Relish: Cranberry Sauce is a Thanksgiving staple that everyone has come to expect to be served with their Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Yams and Green Bean Casserole. See more ideas about cranberry, cranberry relish, cranberry sauce recipe. In this deeply sweet and flavorful relish, cranberries are roasted with orange peel, jalapeño, and spices until their skins.