Spaghetti Bolognaise. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery and cook, stirring. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
We Aussies have a thing about shortening words. Pavlova is Pav, afternoon is arvo, mosquitos are mozzies. Sharon is Shazz, Nagisa is Nagi (that's yours truly). You can cook Spaghetti Bolognaise using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Prepare 250 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare 500 g of minced beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion (chopped).
- You need 3 of garlic (chopped).
- You need 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of margarine / butter (I used Blue Band).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of Oregano.
So it is thoroughly Aussie to shorten Spaghetti Bolognese to Spag Bol!. And here she is – my Spag Bol. This spaghetti Bolognese recipe is still easy and super simple to make. It will feed four people, but if you need to make dinner for more people, all you have to do is double up on the quantities.
Spaghetti Bolognaise step by step
- Boil the water, cook the pasta for 6 minutes to get it al dente (10 minutes for my choice), add a pinch of salt and two drops of olive oil.
- Heat a pan, put margarine or butter in, fry onion then followed with garlic until it's golden brown..
- Add the ground beef and when it's cooked, add ketchup, salt and sugar. Taste as preferred..
- Add a bit of water to have more sauce, and sprinkle with oregano..
- On a plate, take the boiled pasta, add some bolognaise sauce, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese..
In a food processor, puree onion, carrots, celery, and garlic into a coarse paste. In a large pan over medium heat, coat pan with oil. Taste the spaghetti to check it has softened to your personal taste and, once it has, turn off the heat for both the spaghetti and ragu & plate up. In a large dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil. Stir in beef and garlic, breaking up meat with back of a spoon.