Southern style cabbage and neckbones. Season the neck bones with salt and pepper and place into the roasting pan. Southern style cabbage and neckbones is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy.
Add butter to pot, add cabbage wedges, whole white potatoes, black pepper, sugar and red pepper. Return meat to pot, add onions, bay leaves, thyme, garlic powder. Serve your neck bones, with corn bread. You can have Southern style cabbage and neckbones using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern style cabbage and neckbones
- It’s 1 of smoked Turkey leg.
- Prepare 4 of smoked pork neckbones.
- It’s 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Onion diced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 large of head of cabbage.
Southern, soul food style cabbage made in the slow cooker with smoked ham hocks, onions, garlic and more! Cabbage flavored with smoked ham hocks, celery, garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Just imagine it with a big ol' piece of sweet buttery cornbread. It sounds pretty darn good right?
Southern style cabbage and neckbones instructions
- Put first eight ingredients in large pot, cover with water bring to a boil then summer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cut cabbage into wedges, cut wedges, put in pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, taste broth, adjust seasoning to suit your taste. Enjoy!.
I love this southern cabbage recipe because it creates tender, yet slightly firm cabbage that is full of flavor, even the juice left in the pot taste good! This is a very basic (but flavorful) cabbage recipe. If you wanna add a lil spunk to your cabbage throw in some sauteed onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and smoked meat. Add cabbage, onion, salt; stir to coat cabbage evenly with bacon fat. This recipe for soul food style pork neck bones will give you tender, fall-of-the-bone meat that's flavorful, succulent and juicy.