Garlic and Herb Baked Turkey Legs. See recipes for Garlic and Herb Baked Turkey Legs too. Rub the garlic/herb butter mixture all over the browned turkey thighs. Place the turkey thighs in the baking dish on top of vegetables, skin side up.
Tie the legs together with twine, tuck the wings under, and place the bird in the oven. These Butter Basted Turkey Legs and Thighs with Fresh Herbs filled our home with that familiar smell of turkey roasting in my mom's oven, stuffed with a buttery, savoury stuffing. Even though John.e and McKenna don't eat meat, they both commented on how good it smelled and how inviting it was. You can cook Garlic and Herb Baked Turkey Legs using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic and Herb Baked Turkey Legs
- It’s 1 can of Turkey broth.
- It’s of meat.
- You need 1 packages of Turkey legs.
- Prepare of seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dry oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 cup of KC Masterpiece Marinade Garlic&Herb.
Seasoning mix: Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme, and paprika. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish. In a small bowl, mix all spices and herbs together until combined (garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, sage, kosher salt and black pepper). Rub spice mixture into drumsticks evenly.
Garlic and Herb Baked Turkey Legs step by step
- preheat oven 380°F.
- slice onion and garlic the long way. Put in a sautee pan with butter and cook until caramelized..
- Add skinless Turkey legs to the sautee pan season all sides with salt, pepper, dry oregano, poultry seasoning..
- pour 1 can of Turkey broth into pan.
- pour 1 cup of Garlic&Herb Marinade over turkey legs..
- Cover and put in oven for 45min then uncover until you get to an hour and take out..
- Use the broth as you like. I made the best gravy with it .Enjoy! ★★.
Take each turkey leg and gently pull up the skin and rub some of the oil mixture onto the meat with your hand, and then coat the skin with some of the mixture as well. Rub the garlic herb butter underneath the turkey wings and all over the turkey. Make your herb mix – In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Gently loosen skin from turkey breast and turkey legs and spread garlic herb butter under the skin. Tuck wing tips under and use extra skin at base of backbone to tuck turkey legs together.