Orange Chicken. For the sauce: Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic and. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Ree's Orange Chicken is a plateful of lightly fried, sticky-sweet goodness.
I do the back-and-forth-between-the-two-halves-of-the-shell thing, but you can separate the whites however your heart, soul, or family tradition dictates. In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add chicken and stir to coat. You can cook Orange Chicken using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken
- It’s 2 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces.
- It’s 1/2 c. of plus 1 tbsp. cornstarch, divided 1/4 c. all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Canola Oil for Frying.
- You need 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Orange Juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Orange Zest.
- It’s 2 of Green Onions, Chopped.
- You need 2 Quarts of Cooked White Rice.
- You need of Sesame Seeds.
In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. How to make orange chicken We make the batter for the chicken first by mixing flour, egg, garlic salt, salt, pepper and water. Then in a separate bowl, we coat the chicken in cornflour, and add the chicken into the batter. Give it a stir to coat.
Orange Chicken step by step
- In one bowl 1/2 cup cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, making sure to tap off any excess. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4” oil. Once oil is shimmering, fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes, orange zest and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in orange juice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make cornstarch slurry: Mix remaining tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water. Slowly whisk slurry into sauce to thicken, and bring back to a simmer. Once sauce starts to look syrupy, about 5 minutes, remove from heat..
- Toss chicken with sauce and green onions..
- Serve over white rice with Sesame Seeds..
- Note – If you like you can also serve with Broccoli or Snow Peas. Simply trim and then boil in water for 5 mins. Once the Broccoli or Snow Peas turn a "bright green" remove from water and add to the saucepan with the chicken and sauce..
This chicken is the poster child of American-Chinese cuisine. If you walk into any Panda Express or Chinese takeout restaurant, you're sure to find it on the menu. This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy. It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and orange zest. I made this orange chicken a little healthier by opting not to deep fry the chicken pieces.