Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice. In a bowl add orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sugar and sesame oil and add orange zest. Whisk ingredients in bowl and set aside. Cut up tempeh into one inch cubes or triangles Prepare rice at same time.
Mix the cubed tempeh with the marinade ingredients and let sit for an hour up to overnight. Season with a bit of coconut aminos (or tamari) and stir to coat. Add stock and herbs, cover and cook rice for length of time on package. You can cook Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (you can use mandarins or clementines as well).
- You need 4-5 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need of Ginger grated or ginger paste.
- You need 3 tablespoons of soy sauce or more.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 of table spoons sesame oil.
- You need of orange zest.
- You need 1 package of Tempeh.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 cup of brown basmati rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms to small size.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
While rice cooks: Chop onion, mushrooms and mince garlic. Cook the brown rice according to package directions. Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Drain the veggies and set aside.
Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice instructions
- In a bowl add orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sugar and sesame oil and add orange zest..
- Whisk ingredients in bowl and set aside..
- Cut up tempeh into one inch cubes or triangles.
- Prepare rice at same time. One cup rice into 2 1/4 cup boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until closed to prepared..
- Saute mushrooms with some olive oil in frying pan..
- Add prepared mushrooms to the rice when rice is almost done. and mix with spoon..
- Saute tempeh for 5 to 10 minutes in another frying pan in some olive oil..
Mix in the cornflour and cook for a further minute. Tempeh can taste mushroom-y and this is likely because the culturing results in a thin film of mycelium (fungus!) that encases the soybeans. Lift out tempeh using wide spatula and place on plate. If you'd like to make more use of brown rice, and want easy, tasty recipes right at your fingertips, consider our Tasty, Easy Brown Rice Recipes pdf e-book, part of our affordable e-book series. In a medium bowl, whisk together the rest of the tempeh ingredients.