Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps. Great recipe for Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps. I love it when my culinary students get bored while waiting for their stews and soups to simmer. They come up with the coolest ideas.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps. You can cook Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps using 34 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps
- You need of ● For The Chicken & Seasonings.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Chicken Breast Tenderloins [cut into 1" pieces].
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Mexican Oregano.
- You need 3 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 Packet of McCormick Fajita Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Mexican Beer.
- It’s of ● For The Vegetables & Herbs [julienned].
- It’s 2 of LG Green Bell Peppers [deseeded].
- Prepare 1 of LG Red Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Prepare 1 of LG Orange Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s 1 of LG Yellow Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- It’s 1 of EX LG White Onion.
- You need 1 (4 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of LG Jalapenos [deseeded].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves [+ reserves for garish].
- It’s 1 tsp of Epazote Mexican Herb.
- Prepare 1 of Dos Equis Beer [as needed to steam vegetables on grill].
- Prepare as needed of Spray Pam.
- Prepare of ● For The Sides & Garnishments [as needed].
- Prepare of Chilled Sour Cream.
- It’s of Prefabed Guacamole Or Fresh Sliced Avacados.
- It’s of Red & Green Salsas.
- Prepare of Sliced Lime Wedges.
- You need of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It’s of Green Chilies.
- Prepare 6 of " Fresh Warmed Flour Tortillas [grilled].
- Prepare of ● For The Smoke.
- It’s as needed of Hickory Or Mesquite Chips.
It's of For The Chicken & Seasonings. They come up with the coolest ideas. I'd eat this any day of the week! Chicken, broccoli, peppers, onions and mushrooms wrap up a bundle of great flavor in these spicy "fajita-wiches".
Mike's Smoked Fajita Wraps step by step
- Here's what you'll need in steps 1 2 3 & 4. Sour Cream not pictured. Sorry. My students got froggy..
- Lime, beer, guacamole, salsas and seasonings pictured..
- Fresh chopped cilantro and jalepenos pictured..
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts pictured..
- Chop all vegetables and place in a slightly greased aluminum pan. Add beer as well..
- Seal the vegetables up tightly..
- Rinse and cut chicken into 1" pieces and add all seasonings. Mix well. Marinate for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- Thread your chicken on to your screwers..
- Smoke/grill with Hickory or Mesquite chips at 450° for 15 minutes until chicken has a decent char. Grill vegetables until translucent. Check frequently. Don't burn..
- Charred chicken pictured..
- Grilled and snoked vegetables pictured..
- Lightly spray your tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and chili pepper. Grill until charred..
- Pack and stack em'!.
- Serve with ice cold Mexican beers and sides. Enjoy!.
Wrap tortillas tightly into a burrito shape and placing seam down. Place olive oil in the pan and add the onions and peppers, season with salt and pepper and close the lid. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and peppers. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to bowl and toss to coat. Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto warm tortillas.