Tricia's Collard Greens. Trisha's Slap Yo Momma Collard Greens recipe by Patricia Robbins, is from The Ryan-Walker Family Cookbook Project, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook. Remove Collard leaved from stalks and discard stalks.
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Trisha yearwood grits with collard greens recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Trisha yearwood grits with collard greens recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Drain the collards and onions in a colander. You can have Tricia's Collard Greens using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tricia's Collard Greens
- It’s 1 of Large bunch Collard Greens.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Orange Juice.
- It’s 1 tbls of apple cider vinegar.
Stir until the butter has melted and all the. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add ham hocks, water, seasoned salt, pepper flakes, and sugar. Traditionally, Southern collard greens are made with pork.
Tricia's Collard Greens instructions
- Remove Collard leaved from stalks and discard stalks.
- Rinse Collard Greens Well.
- Chop into 1 inch strips.
- Place Collards in large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add salt and apple cider vinegar..
- Boil uncovered for approximately 2 hours while keep a check, stirring occasionally, until pot is about 1/3 of the way full of water..
- Add Orange Juice..
- Continue to boil until no liquid is left in the pot. Be careful not to burn!!.
In this recipe, chopped bacon is cooked until almost crisp and the drippings are used to saute chopped onions, which forms the foundation of the dish, along with chopped smoked ham and garlic. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and return to the pan. Add garlic, and cook until just fragrant.