Gourmet French Toast #america. This french toast is super delicious. I always make extras and just warm them up on the lowest setting of my toaster for a quick breakfast. Who doesn't love French Toast? especially covered in berries, syrup and whip cream!
Caramelized Banana French Toast This super easy recipe has a secret weapon, bacon grease. But don't let that scare you aways, this gourmet french toast is a must try that you wont regret. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and indulge. You can have Gourmet French Toast #america using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gourmet French Toast #america
- You need of Serving size is based on 1 slice per serving.
- You need 8 Slices of texas toast bread.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream; (you can use half-n-half/whole milk).
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of orange zest.
- It’s 8 of tsps. unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of extra rich pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of salt.
Bake bread mixture, uncovered, in middle of oven until puffed and edges. Working in batches, dip each slice of bread into egg mixture. Classic French toast is cooked on the stovetop, usually in butter and served one slice at a time to eager eaters. To keep the slices warm as you cook, place finished pieces in a low oven, then serve your stack all at once.
Gourmet French Toast #america step by step
- Prep Time 37 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium heat..
- While mixing the batter up; dry bread on a wire rack in middle of the oven for 13 to15 minutes. Remove and set aside..
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except flour; whisk well..
- Slowly add flour; whisk well..
- Now coat both sides of bread with mixture and set on a plate..
- Add 1tbsp. of butter to skillet over medium heat until hot..
- Place one coated piece of bread into skillet and cook 11/2 to 2 minutes per side; until brown and crusty on edges..
- Transfer to a plate and repeat process until all pieces of bread are cooked..
- Serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and whip cream on top. Or your favorite fruit on top; etc..
Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth. Arrange slices of bread in the baking dish overlapping if necessary. Discover the best Frozen French Toast in Best Sellers. French Toast French toast is always better if your bread is a little dry — a day or two old, or leave the slices out overnight.