Crispy sweet dumplings – awwamat. To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Awwamat These flour dough balls are deep fried then dipped in sugar syrup. They come out sweet and crispy!
Bukan dumpling je, kita akan belajar buat sosnya sekali! Luqaimat to Omanis & Arabs, Kaimati to Zanzibaris. If you follow me on Instagram you will know by now that I am useless at making these perfectly round. You can have Crispy sweet dumplings – awwamat using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy sweet dumplings – awwamat
- Prepare of – For the dumplings:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of yogurt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 5 cups of vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need of – For the sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Chinese Mushroom Dumplings with Sweet Chili Ginger Sesame Sauce. Easy homemade vegetarian dumplings (potstickers) with caramelized mushrooms, ginger, and sesame-crusted wrappers. Each dumpling is pan-fried until crispy on the bottom, then served alongside a sweet and spicy chili ginger sesame sauce. Small balls of dough are fried until golden brown and crispy, and then coated with simple syrup.
Crispy sweet dumplings – awwamat instructions
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and pour the syrup in a large bowl..
- To prepare the dumplings: In a bowl, mix together the flour, the yogurt and the baking soda..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan..
- Make round mounds of dough with a teaspoon and drop them in the hot oil. Drop more or less dough balls at the same time depending on the size of your frying pan. Toss them until they become golden brown on all sides. Remove from the hot oil and drain them in a strainer..
- Once drained dip them in the sugar syrup, toss for 2 min and remove..
- They are best served hot to fully enjoy their crunchiness but can also be consumed at room temperature..
Make sure you make enough of these to go around—there's no way you can eat just one! My family loves Chinese food, but it's hard to find healthy choices in restaurants or at the grocery store. So instead, I make these healthy dumplings into a great family activity. With many hands helping out, filling the dumplings goes by fast. All the joy of potstickers, with shortcuts you'll love.