Citrus Cheesecake FUSF. Great recipe for Citrus Cheesecake FUSF. Ricotta and cream cheese give this cheesecake a rustic and creamy twist. A toasted almond crust with candied citrus provides a tart and sugary accent.
Make it and enjoy the contradictions. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in sour cream. Combine the flour and sugar in another bowl and then add to the beaten cream. You can have Citrus Cheesecake FUSF using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Citrus Cheesecake FUSF
- It’s of Toasted Almond Crust.
- You need 1 cup of toasted almonds.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cane sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of melted and cooled butter.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk (Reserve egg white).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Citrus Filling.
- It’s 32 ounces of whole milk ricotta.
- Prepare 8 ounces of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cane sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs, separated.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s of Zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of candied citrus.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and lemon zest; gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
Citrus Cheesecake FUSF step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place rack in middle of oven. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan..
- For the Crust.
- Toast almonds for 10 minutes, cool. Turn oven to 325º..
- In food processor, chop almonds and sugar until fine. Add salt, pulse several times. In a separate bowl, add egg yolk, butter and vanilla, whisk together..
- Add butter mixture to nuts and pulse until small clumps form..
- Place mixture in springform pan. Spread with fingers until the bottom is covered. Tamp down with the bottom of a water glass, starting in the middle and moving outwards. Refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Bake crust in oven for 10 minutes, or until toasted. Cool on wire rack..
- For the Citrus Filling.
- In food processor, combine sugar and citrus zest. Pulse until combined. Transfer to stand mixing bowl..
- Add cream cheese and salt. With paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until smooth. Add ricotta and mix until you reach the desired consistency. For a grainier texture, one minute. For a smoother filling, 3-4 minutes..
- Add egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, corn starch, Grand Marnier, and lemon juice. Remove to large bowl..
- Whip the 4 egg whites in a separate mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of mixture to filling, folding until combined. Add remaining egg whites, gently fold together..
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, rotating after 20 minutes. Check after one hour to see if filling has set. Cheesecake will be done when it is golden brown on top, and has started to separate from the sides of the pan..
- Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Top with powdered sugar and candied citrus that has been rolled in cane sugar..
- Add a spoonful of orange sherbet..
The three citrus flavors made for a great cheesecake. The crust amount was not enough as mentioned by others, but it didnt seem to matter if it covered the sides completely. Citrus Cheesecake FUSF Ricotta and cream cheese give this cheesecake a rustic and creamy twist. A toasted almond crust with candied citrus provides a tart and sugary accent. Serve with orange sorbet to tie all the flavors together.