Chocolate Orange Macarons. Dive into a sweet combination of orange and chocolate with these fantastically festive Orange Chocolate Macarons. These macarons have an orange flavored shell and they are filled with a wonderful homemade chocolate ganache. Chocolate Orange French Macarons – Home & Family.
Add egg whites and vanilla; stir until combined. Chocolate Macarons with Orange Ganache Egg whites vary in size, and the quantity of whites used in a meringue affects its texture. With mixer on medium-low speed, gradually add sugar by teasponfuls. You can cook Chocolate Orange Macarons using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Orange Macarons
- It’s 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of superfine almond flour.
- Prepare 3 of tbps cocoa powder.
- You need 6 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar (plus extra).
- You need 2 tbsp of orange juice (plus extra).
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground orange peel (optional).
Chocolate Macarons Of course, immediately dark chocolate came to my mind, because I simply adore the combo orange and chocolate! Method Make the macarons following the Foundation Macaron Recipe adding orange food colouring. There are three components to these macarons. The shell – these can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container or frozen for months in the freezer.
Chocolate Orange Macarons instructions
- Beat egg whites and 1/2 tsp salt until stuff peaks form..
- Continue beating, gradually adding the granulated sugar. The meringue is beaten enough when it's stiff enough to tip upside-down without falling..
- Sift the dry ingredients (almond flour, 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt) into the meringue..
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the meringue, being careful not to push all the air out. Keep incorporating until the batter reaches ribbon stage..
- Pipe the batter onto a tray with parchment paper into the size you want your shells to be..
- Leave the shells to dry for 30-60 minutes, or until the surface of the shells are dry..
- Bake the shells for 15-20 minutes at 300°F, or until they come up cleanly from the paper. Leave them to cool..
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and one cup of the powdered sugar. Add the orange peel. Beat the buttercream, adding orange juice and powdered sugar to consistency until it's thick, but pipe-able..
- Pipe dollops of the buttercream onto half of the shells, putting the other shells on top. Store in fridge..
The filling – A soft center in the middle of the macarons. I like using fruit fillings and curds in the middle of the frosting. Today, I am using orange curd but lemon curd is also a great option. In the meantime prepare your filling. Simply melt the chocolate and add in the milk, whisking everything together.