GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake. Whisk all dry cake ingredients together including the citrus zest. If you do not have the Lebkuchengewurz spice blend on hand, your favorite holiday spice blend will also work. Cream the butter and sugar together.
Ingredients of GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake. Let me know if you make my gluten free traditional Christmas Fruit Cake. Do let me know if you make my traditional gluten free Christmas Fruit Cake. You can have GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake
- Prepare of Fruity booze mix.
- Prepare 2 oz of candied ginger chopped in 1/4 inch chunks.
- Prepare 6 oz of dried apricots halved.
- Prepare 8 oz of dried blueberries.
- Prepare 8 oz of dried cherries halved.
- Prepare 8 oz of dried dates chopped into quarters.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 can of apricot nectar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Gran Gala Triple Orange Liqueur.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
- Prepare of Nut mix.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsalted cashews.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted pecans halves.
- Prepare of Cake mix.
- Prepare 2.5 cups of GF flour mix.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Xanthan gum.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of Lebkuchengewurz spice blend… German gingerbread spice.
- It’s of Zest and juice of one orange and one lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 LB (4 sticks) of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 5 of large eggs.
And also if you make my easy Marzipan Recipe and decorate the cake too. Tag me on social media (links at the top). Or leave a comment and star rate the recipe. Combine sugar and butter in large bowl.
GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake step by step
- Combine all the fruit mix ingredients the night before..
- Extra credit cooks bonus! Grab two rocks glasses add an ice cube to each then pour the remaining apricot nectar into the glasses. In one glass add a shot of spiced rum and in the other add a shot of gran gala. Enjoy!.
- Pre heat oven to 325..
- Pull the fruit mix out of the refrigerator. Zest and juice the orange and the lemon. Add both juices to the fruit mix. Set zest aside..
- Toast the nuts in a skillet. Let cool, rough chop and side aside for later..
- Whisk all dry cake ingredients together including the citrus zest. If you do not have the Lebkuchengewurz spice blend on hand, your favorite holiday spice blend will also work..
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs one at a time..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine thoroughly..
- Mix the nuts into the fruit mix..
- Grease 2 loaf pans..
- Stir the fruit nut mixture into the batter. Do this by hand and use a spatula with some strength. The batter is dense and will give your arm a good workout!.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Tap them on the counter lightly to make sure the batter is settled on the bottom..
- Bake for about an hour and a half. After an hour start checking them by putting a butter knife in the middle to see if it comes out clean..
- When done let cool and turn them out onto a cutting board..
- Once completely cooled move to a vessel large enough for both to have space around them and lid. We used a cake carrier..
- You can eat right away, but we are going to wait at least two weeks. During this long wait we will be spritzing with spiced rum roughly every 3 days..
- See not so scary!.
Add cream cheese and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in remaining flour, candied fruit, and walnuts; mix until just combined. In a second large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Press cake mix mixture into prepared baking dish.