You can have Breakfast Bake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Bake
- It’s 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of can of refrigerated biscuits.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 7 of eggs.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Breakfast Bake instructions
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat and add the flour. Cook the roux until slightly tan and it starts smell nutty..
- Whisk the milk in slowly, making sure to whisk out the chunks. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook on low until thick and the flour has cooked. (5 min).
- Break up and brown the sausage in a skillet.
- Beat the eggs with a little milk (a few table spoons), salt and pepper. Add red chile if you'd like a little heat..
- Pop the can of biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half and then cut each half into fourths. You should have a bunch of biscuit chunks..
- Coat a 9×13 dish with cooking spray..
- Place the biscuit pieces on the bottom. Layer the sausage on top of the biscuits. Cover the sausage evenly with cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese. Pour the gravy over the eggs..
- Bake the dish for 40 min. Let rest 5-10 min after removing from oven and cut into 12 squares..