Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread. This moist & flavorful orange cranberry bread is packed with orange zest and tart cranberries, topped with cinnamon streusel, and finished with orange glaze. It's one of my favorite quick bread recipes to prepare because it always draws a crowd! Cranberry orange bread is packed with fresh cranberries, orange zest, crunchy pecans and drizzled with an orange glaze.
While the bread cools, make the orange glaze. In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and orange juice until creamy. The orange juice amount can be adjusted, so the glaze is the thickness you like. You can cook Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 large orange.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs, slightly beaten.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of fresh cranberries, roughly chopped.
- It’s of Orange Glaze Ingredients.
- You need 1 cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- You need 1 tsp of orange zest.
Citrusy sweet and tart Cranberry Orange Bread is quick and easy to make with fresh or frozen cranberries and an easy orange glaze. It's a delicious for breakfast, snacking, or gifting to friends or neighbors! The flavor combination of cranberries and oranges is one of the best! This cranberry orange bread bread is fast, easy, and you don't even need a mixer to make it.
Glazed Cranberry Orange Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with baking spray (or grease with butter and coat evenly in flour), set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder..
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and orange zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Whisk into the flour mixture, set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla..
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined..
- Fold in cranberries. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 70-75 min or until toothpick comes out clean. If your loaf starts to go too brown, drape a piece of foil over the top to finish baking..
- Remove bread from oven, place on a cooling rack for 15 min. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack..
- While bread is cooling, prepare the orange glaze: in a small bowl, convince icing sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over bread, cut and serve..
- Store the bread, wrapped on the counter, for 2-3 days. It also freezes well, so I like to cut the loaf into thirds and take out a portion to thaw when preparing for company..
It's soft, tender, springy, and loaded with fresh, juicy cranberries in every bite. The bread is wonderfully perfumed with both orange zest and orange juice, and the sweet orange glaze drizzled on top helps balance the tartness of the cranberries. Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix together. Then, in a large bowl crack eggs and whisk. Then add maple syrup, almond milk, applesauce, and orange extract, and mix.