Sloppy Joe (Florida Style). Chop and prepare the onions, garlic, peppers and tomatoes. In a medium skillet, sauteé the onions, garlic, and peppers. Add and brown the ground beef over medium heat, then add the tomato.
Sloppy Joe's Bar, Drinks, Food, Entertainment and Merchandise. Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It's easy, it's fast, it tastes yummy. You can cook Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe (Florida Style)
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of chopped tomato.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped poblano pepper.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper, minced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1/3 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dark honey.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar-based hot sauce or bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of liquid smoke.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 6 of onion buns.
Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic. These sandwiches have been the go-to meal for my son's basketball team. Turkey is a wonderful change from ground beef and really absorbs all the flavors.
Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) step by step
- Chop and prepare the onions, garlic, peppers and tomatoes..
- In a medium skillet, sauteé the onions, garlic, and peppers..
- Add and brown the ground beef over medium heat, then add the tomato. Drain off liquids..
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, tomato paste, vinegar, hot sauce, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the orange juice and season with salt and pepper..
- Serve on an onion bun!.
This is the perfect recipe for sloppy joes in my opinion. People complain about the reviews being overrated because this isn't all jazzed-up into something special. Well what do you expect, it's only sloppy joes! I haven't had sloppy joes in years, and I am so glad I chose this recipe to finally have a taste of some. Helpful Tips for Making Sloppy Joes Family-Style.